What Membership Means At AWS PE
As a member of AWS PE, you are part of a family of animal lovers in an around our city who support our commitment to:
- provide protection, care and shelter for the homeless animals in the NMB, including stray,
abandoned, surrendered and injured companion animals
- run a service to deal with the many cases of cruelty and neglect which are reported to us
- provide veterinary services and a weekly clinic to the Walmer township community, including
sterilisation, vaccination, dipping and emergency veterinary services
- promote the humane treatment of animals
- provide education to schools in the Nelson Mandela Bay area to promote responsible
- reunite lost pets with their families
- secure suitable forever homes for the animals in our care
Becoming A Member Of AWS PE
Our annual membership period starts on 1 April and ends on 31 March the following year. New members who would like to join AWS PE after 1 October will pay only 50% of the fee for the remainder of the membership period.
Annual Membership Fees:
• Ordinary - R120.00
• Family - R150.00
• Pensioner/Junior (under 14)/Student - R20.00
• Corporate - R1000
You can also join as a Life Member of the society by paying a once-off membership fee:
• Single Life - R1000.00
• Double Life - R1500.00
If you have any queries about becoming a member, feel free to email our Honorary Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org or if you wish to sign up straight away, download the Membership Form. Complete it on your computer, save the document as a pdf and email it to email@example.com with your proof of payment. If you email the proof of payment to yourself first and then to us, we can immediately see who it belongs to and acknowledge your payment.
You will receive our quarterly e-newsletter which contains informative articles about animal related topics such as training and pet health care, as well as events to diarise and “happily ever after” stories. We will keep you informed of urgent animal welfare matters on an ad hoc basis. As a member of The Animal Welfare Society PE, you may also vote at our Annual General Meeting which takes place in September each year.
Your membership really makes a difference!