JOB VACANCY – Community Relations and Fundraising Administrator
Animal Welfare Society PE is looking for a passionate, caring and dynamic individual to join their team. The position would suit an individual with strong administrative abilities but also the ability to deal with the public.
As a non-profit organisation the stipend offered is minimal, and therefor will be below market-related part time positions.
The position is ideal for someone looking to give back to a worthy cause, and may suit an energetic retired person or someone looking for a half day position.
Reliable and full-time access to internet is a necessity. Applicants must be available to respond on a WhatsApp group for urgent enquiries from the team and have reliable transport as a certain amount of travelling will be required.
The successful candidate will liaise with the Fundraising and the Public Relations Teams, assisting both with administrative tasks.
The role will also entail liaising with external supporters and include attendance of external fundraising events, many of which may fall on Saturdays.
Summary of Duties
- Managing the general enquiries e-mail account (relations@) and directing messages to the relevant department
- Assisting with the administration of events that are being driven by external supporters
- Ad hoc administrative assistance for Fundraiser
- Forwarding event information to the AWS social media department for publication
- Assisting with AWS fundraisers as needed
- Admin related to the supporters’/membership database
- Data capturing details of donors + Thank you letters
- Events / Visits diary
- Assist with distribution of the quarterly newsletter / mailings to members or supporters
- Communication and co-ordination skills are essential
- Excellent English – written and spoken
- Good Afrikaans
- Word, Excel, email skills – familiarity with social media platforms advantageous
- Excellent attention to detail
- Hard working
- Ability to work in a challenging environment and independently
- Compassionate and caring nature - A passion for the well-being of animals.
- Time management
Monday to Friday except for public holidays. Alternate Saturday mornings may be required – this is dependent on functions.
A minimum of 4-5 hours daily - mostly from home, but includes travelling to the AWS PE shelter and external supporters.
As the position is both event and admin based, the working structure will always need to be flexible to allow for the volumes . As this cannot always be determined, time management skills are crucial.
For any further information or submission of CV’s (incl. copy ID), please contact the Honorary Secretary at email@example.com