JOB TITLE: Bookkeeper
The Bookkeeper should be familiar with all accounting procedures and have an aptitude for numbers. Ultimately, the Bookkeeper will ensure that the company’s daily accounting functions run accurately and effectively. He/She will be working closely as an Assistant to the Treasurer.
- Accurate capturing of information onto Pastel
- Customer control and monthly statements
- Supplier control and reconciliation
- Attend to customer queries and sending feedback timeously
- Administration related to the issuing of Section 18A certificates
- Reconciling accounts in a timely manner
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws
- Entering of clock cards in preparation of wage processing
- Petty cash control - ensure security and accuracy
- Capture purchase orders and link to supplier invoices.
- Capturing of stock counts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties and tasks satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Excellent knowledge of Pastel
- Strong technical skills in finance and accounting
- Excellent English, Good Afrikaans
- Excellent Word, Excel and MS Outlook skills
- Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks
- Data entry skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Hard working
- Discreet and dependable
- Able to work in a challenging environment
This individual should be able to work under pressure, be a dedicated team player, willing to build relationships with suppliers and able to communicate at all levels in a professional manner.
HOURS OF WORK:
Part time - mornings only - 25 hours / week
For any further information or submission of CV’s (incl. copy ID), please contact the Honorary Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org