JOB VACANCY – FUNDRAISER
The Animal Welfare Society PE is looking for a Fundraiser to join our dynamic team.
Our Non-Profit Organisation receives no government funding and we are entirely dependent on donations from the public to finance our operations. We have therefor established solid fundraising structures.
Our existing Fundraising program comprise of four major events per year (Golf Day, Mandela Week, Shelter Sleepover, Tin Collection) as well as smaller projects to ensure a continuous flow of income (e.g Sponsor a Kennel, promoting Wagtails Charity Shops, securing bequests, crowd funding).
Key Responsibilities include:
- Creating and managing a sustainable and diverse fundraising portfolio.
- Maintaining relationships with current donors and sourcing new donors to grow the existing supporter base and create consistent income.
- Identifying and pursuing sustainable sources of income.
Requirements of the position:
- A passion for animals.
- Knowledge and experience of the fundraising & marketing environment.
- Ability to work independently against performance targets.
- Good project management and people skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good computer skills – design experience advantageous but not a requirement
- Valid Code 8 driver’s licence and own reliable vehicle.
- Own laptop and good internet connection.
Fundraising projects and initiatives may include:
- Online digital campaigns
- External events (Golf days, charity runs etc)
- Internal events (Summer Sleep-over, Sponsor a Kennel etc)
This will be a flexible position, with no set hours. The successful applicant will be able to manage their own schedule – however a minimum of 4-5 hours per day is required from Monday to Friday with additional time over weekends as required with larger events.
The Fundraiser will report to ExCo and the Fundraising Portfolio holder specifically.
A nominal salary will be offered (AWS PE is a NPO). Interested parties are required to give an indication of minimum salary expectations as part of their application.
CV’s (with copy ID) to be emailed only to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will become part of a team that is passionate about animals. Your input will make a difference, and your contribution will allow AWS PE to continue its daily operations.